Apple’s AirPods are popular. Like, extremely popular. How popular?
9to5Mac reports that Apple sold close to 60 million units last year, taking three-quarters of the wireless headphone revenue across all manufacturers.
That is…a lot of AirPods.
Along with its appealing design, the wireless feature is the main selling point. After all, it is much easier to work out or ride on the subway without having to fiddle with wires. AirPods can also connect to both MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs, which is convenient for those who are always working on their computer. With that in mind, it does not seem far-fetched to claim that AirPods might be the most popular accessory with both iPhones and individual MacBook users.
While it is great to know that AirPods can connect to MacBooks, how does someone do it?
Q: How do I connect AirPods to my MacBook? I just bought a pair and I am looking to start streaming Apple Music!
A: Through a Bluetooth connection and following the steps below.
Since AirPods are equipped with the ability to use Bluetooth, the process is simple and intuitive.
- Open the lid on your AirPods case.
- Find the Setup button on the back of the case and press and hold the button until the status light begins to flash white.
- Next, log onto your MacBook and click on the Apple menu tab.
- In that menu, there will be an option for System Preferences, click on that, and select Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth menu, the Devices submenu will be there. The AirPods should be on this menu. If it is, click on Connect.
From there, MacBook users can start streaming all the music they want and listen to any Zoom meeting.